Thursday 14 November 2013

Fraser On Tour! The Youtube Channel

Today marks exactly one month until I return to Blighty so I thought it would be a good idea to make another post.

Last Thursday night, I joined Núria, Aina and two of their friends for a Quiz at the bar below their flat. This was similar to the kind of quiz you'd find in just about every British Pub with rounds on all kinds of topics including Geography, History, Science, Literature, a picture round (name that celebrity), Fashion and Sport-bizarrely no music round though... what's that about?

Luckily enough for me, the quiz questions were read out in Spanish rather than in Catalan so I could understand what was being asked but it was still a real test of my listening skills which have been historically poor in any of my French or Spanish lessons. When we started with the first round (Geography) and I got the first two questions right I thought to myself-"man, this is going to be an easy quiz" however after that I was proved very wrong indeed as the questions were to the British Pub Quiz standard of nigh-on impossible. As a group we struggled to get more than 3 out of 5 questions right during any round (although I got the most correct answers-nerd). In the end, our team 'No Es Broma' (in English- It's no joke), came in 6th place out of 8 teams but I wasn't too bothered as I had enjoyed the night being sociable, talking in Spanish and testing my quiz knowledge. Much better than sitting hunched in front of my laptop doing TEFL all night.
The 'No Es Broma' Quiz Team

Quiz result
The weekend was very much a non-event and was really just for relaxing so I won't bore you with details of how the most exciting thing all weekend was watching England beat Argentina in the Rugby and Norwich City finally win in the Premier League vs West Ham-Get in!
Massive bowl of Dirty Rice for supporters of Plataforma Crida at the Poli in Sa Pobla on Saturday

Lunch at the Poli. A dish literally called 'Fried' in Catalan. Chips, bits of beef, red and green peppers and a few herbs. Gorgeous! FOOD OF THE WEEK 

Sunset taken from the house in Alcúdia
On Wednesday night we attended an information evening about the TIL laws organised by the Plataforma Crida movement. I spent much of the evening trying ,and succeeding mostly, to translate the presentation from Catalan so I could follow what was going on and I was quite impressed with my progress. In a few of the presentations, we noticed a small group of people in white t-shirts that said "Por una educación pública de calidad, trilingüe y apolítica"  which means- For a quality, trilingual and apolitical public education. They were supporters of TIL and seemed to sit through every one shaking there heads in disagreement. The evening culminated in a large Q&A session however this quickly turned into a heated debate due to the presence of the white shirted brigade like some kind of Spanish Question Time but with no David Dimbleby to keep order. Until now I'd only seen the side against TIL so it was interesting to see who was in favour of it. Certainly makes things a bit more political.

One of the presentations

The supposed leader of the white shirts addressing the audience

In reference to the title, this week I started a project I'd been longing to do for a while now. Some of you may or may not be aware but I've now had a Youtube channel for 2 years which I've used to posts clips of me singing various songs that I play at gigs and events. Before about a week or so ago, I hadn't uploaded anything or really used it all for about 5 months and it was beginning to become a bit sterile and boring because I just didn't know what I wanted to upload or even whether I wanted to upload anything at all. In recent weeks, this mindset has taken a change for the good (I hope) and now I have a vision and some purpose for the channel once again. So far I've really enjoyed making the Fraser On Tour!  blog and I have created a way of expanding the whole concept behind it. I'd like to present the new and re-branded Fraser On Tour! Youtube Channel.

After taking inspiration from successful and well-known Youtubers such as JacksGap, the Vaga Brothers (BBBTV), Louis Cole (Fun for Louis and Food for Louis), Marcus Butler and Ben Brown, I decided to re-brand my channel from it's previous name of theoneandonlyFP-a channel very much about my music- in order to make a much more general channel which would serve as a more of an accurate reflection of me as a person. The main aim of the channel is to compliment the experiences and information I write about in my blog as well as creating a more interactive blogging/web experience for my audience and allowing for an outlet for the creative side of me. I don't know how often I will be able to upload videos however I do have plenty of ideas for videos to make in the future such as occasional Vlogs (Video Blogs), Travel videos and Original songs as well as the music videos I already make. This could be a really successful idea or it could all flat on its face but I intend to enjoy it either way and I hope you do too. By all means, please check out the channel and check out the intro video I made for it just the other day: Fraser On Tour! The Youtube Channel

Plenty more to come from me in the near future but ciao for now!

#FraserOnTour

FP




No comments:

Post a Comment