Saturday 4 January 2014

Review 2013-Part 3: What I'm excited for in 2014

Happy 2014 everyone and welcome to the final part of my Review of 2013 series. To say this post was all about 2013 would be a 100% stone-faced lie on my behalf. Instead, I'm going to leave 2013 behind and focus on the future-2014. This year has the potential to be really great and here is just a few things that I'm excited for in 2014.

1.Belgium

On Monday, I will be beginning my 2 month stay in Brussels and I'm really looking forward to it. Brussels is one of the main European cities I am yet to visit and like with Mallorca I hope to get to know it well over the coming weeks. With visits already planned to Lille, Alsace and Paris (maybe?), tickets to see Bombay Bicycle Club in February booked and the possibility for lots of sightseeing, I am pretty sure I will be staying busy. Keep following my posts in the near future to see what I get up to.

2. The rest of my Gap Year

Belgium is by no means the end of it. I intend to do much more travelling before my gap year is over. Plenty of planning and stress to come though before I can tell you my plans...

3. FIFA World Cup 2014

Lampard's disallowed goal, the hand of Suarez, De Jong karate kicking Xabi Alonso in the chest, World Cup 2010 had all kinds of drama, action and controversy. Despite all the struggles behind it just to be ready in time, I expect this year's World Cup in Brazil to give us a similar offering even if England may not survive too long with Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica in the same group.

4. New films

2013 was a big year for cinema but it's now onto 2014 to see what films are on offer. The two films I'm looking forward to seeing are both prequels: the long-awaited '300:Rise Of An Empire' and the final one in the trilogy 'The Hobbit: There And Back Again'.

5. Summer of Festivals

For me, Summer means a few things. Time for relaxation, time for holidays, time for Open Water Swimming (you totally saw that coming) and last but not least- Festivals. This year, I hope to work as a volunteer for Hotbox Events once more at Latitude Festival and Leeds Festival. The perfect way to spend the summer before going to...

6. Uni!

This September, I begin my 4 years at the University of Southampton and the rest of my life. I have been itching to go for such a long time now due to seeing all my friends off at Uni and in September it is my turn.

7. 20 Years of age

Not exactly something to be too excited about but on October 21st I will complete two decades on this earth. It will be a Tuesday night so a night at SoBar is probably on the cards.

So that's just a selection of things that I'm hoping will be awesome in 2014. A nice way to start my first blogpost of the year and to end this series. I'd just like to make you aware that at the top of the right side bar on my blog there is a poll in which you can vote for your favourite FOT! content. I'd love it if you could leave a vote before the poll closes at the end of the month. It's just a way for me to do a little survey and see what you guys out there enjoy reading about. It's just one click of the mouse, not much effort involved, so I would love you to do that for me.

My next adventure in Belgium kicks off in T-minus 48 hours so it's safe to say much of this weekend will be packing, planning and worrying. Woo hoo!

FP

#FraserOnTour

No comments:

Post a Comment